December 5, 2017
Japan Fair Trade Commission
The Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC), in cooperation with the ASEAN Expert Group on Competition and the Commission for the Supervision of Business Competition (Indonesia), will hold a training course in Tokyo on enhancing the effectiveness of competition authorities in enforcement and advocacy under the Japan-ASEAN Integration Fund (JAIF*) for ASEAN Member States (AMS) aiming at strengthening the capacity of enforcing their competition law.
*JAIF: The fund, based on donation from Japanese government, established in ASEAN
Secretariat for supporting ASEAN in 2006.
1. Period: December 6 to 8, 2017
2. Venue: JFTC headquarters (Tokyo)
3. Organizers: JFTC
4. Proponent: Commission for the Supervision of Business Competition
5. Participants: 24 officials from competition authorities in AMS, etc.
6. Contents: - Lecture on Setting-up Priority and Developing the Strategic Plans of a Competition Authority - Lecture on the Management of Human Resource and Organization - Lecture on Building an Effective Public Relations Program (Raising Public Awareness of Competition Law and Policy (e.g., Using Social Media)), etc.
*Every announcement is tentative translation. Please refer to the original text written in Japanese.