February 8, 2022
Japan Fair Trade Commission
The Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) will hold the 27th Group Training Course for Developing Countries on the Antimonopoly Act and Competition Policy online, in cooperation with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
In recent years, there has been a growing trend in developing countries to introduce competition laws or enhance the enforcement of competition laws. Under such circumstances, this training course takes place to provide officials in developing countries’ competition authorities with the opportunity to obtain the knowledge and expertise on the Japanese Antimonopoly Act and its enforcement, so as to support their efforts for introducing competition laws and achieving effective law enforcement in their countries.
The JFTC has implemented the group training course since 1994 in response to requests from developing countries, and this will be the 27th group training course in this area.
1. Period: February 14 to 28, 2022 (excluding Sundays, Saturdays and national holidays)
2. Venue: Online
3. Lecturers: Academics and officials of the JFTC
4. Participants: 17 officials of competition authorities in 10 countries (See Appendix)
5. Contents: Lectures mainly on
- Investigation procedures of suspected violation of the Antimonopoly Act and
- The JFTC’s case investigation and approaches in the digital market
- The JFTC’s digital forensics
- The JFTC’s market studies
- The JFTC’s economic analysis
- The JFTC’s activities for competition advocacy and public relations
List of participants (Alphabetical order)
|Country||Number of Participants|
(Note) Officials of ASEAN Secretariat join as observers.
*It should be noted that this announcement is a tentative translation. Please refer to the original text written in Japanese.