October 11, 2023
Japan Fair Trade Commission
The Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) will hold the Group Training Course for Developing Countries on the Antimonopoly Act and Competition Policy in Tokyo and Kinki area, in cooperation with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
This training course takes place to provide officials in developing countries’ competition authorities with the opportunity to obtain the knowledge and expertise on the Japanese Antimonopoly Act and its enforcement, so as to support their efforts for achieving effective law enforcement in their countries.
The JFTC has been implementing the group training course since 1994 in response to requests from governments of developing countries. This will be the 29th time that the JFTC holds the group training course about the Antimonopoly Act and Competition Policy.
1. Period: October 12 to October 26, 2023
2. Venue: JICA Tokyo Center, JICA Kansai Center, etc.
3. Lecturers: Academics and officials of the JFTC
4. Participants: Seven officials of competition authorities in seven countries (See Appendix)
5. Contents: Lectures, etc. mainly on
- Investigation procedure regarding alleged violations of the Antimonopoly Act
and merger review
- The JFTC’s activities for competition advocacy and public relations
- Role of regional-offices
- Group discussion on hypothetical cases
List of participants (Alphabetical order)
|Country||Number of Participants|
*It should be noted that this announcement is a tentative translation. Please refer to the original text written in Japanese.