Japan Fair Trade Commission
1. Tentative Translation of the draft of the amendment of the rules/designation/guidelines (only Japanese text is authentic) See attached documents. (The proposed parts of amendment are underlined and highlighted.)
The drafts of the amendment of the following JFTC rules etc. were prepared for implementation of the amendment of the Antimonopoly Act that was approved by the Diet on June 3, 2009.
- Rules on Applications for Approval, Reporting, Notification, etc.
Pursuant to the Provisions of Articles 9 to 16 of the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade
- Rules on Reporting and Submission of Materials Regarding Immunity
From or Reduction of Surcharges
- Rules on Administrative Investigations by the Fair Trade Commission
- Designation of Unfair Trade Practices
- Guidelines to Application of the Antimonopoly Act Concerning Review of Business Combination
The summary of the amendments of the Antimonopoly Act is also available in this website.
2. Details of public comments
(1) How to submit public comments
Comments have to be submitted in Japanese by mail, E-mail (please use text format) or fax, with your name (or institution name),address and contact telephone and/or fax number, and/or E-mail address verified. The JFTC may release the contents of the opinions received after deleting addresses and contact numbers. The JFTC is not able to respond individually to each opinion submitted. Your understanding is appreciated.
(2) Address for submitting comments
Planning Office, General Affairs Division, Economic Affairs Bureau,Secretariat, Japan Fair Trade Commission
Central Government Office Building 6, Annex B
1-1-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
(3) Deadline for comments
JPT (GMT+9.00): Monday, August 31, 2009
*Every announcement is tentative translation. Please refer to the original text written in Japanese.
[Attachment 1] Rules on Applications for Approval, Reporting, Notification, etc. Pursuant to the Provisions of Articles 9 to 16 of the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade(PDF : 92KB)
[Attachment 2] Rules on Reporting and Submission of Materials Regarding Immunity From or Reduction of Surcharges(PDF : 76KB)