Japan Fair Trade Commission
The Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) will hold a Training Course, for the 9th time, for the Indonesia competition authority (Kosimi Pengawas Persaingan Usaha (“KPPU”)) on the Antimonopoly Act and Competition Policy from March 5 to 23, 2012 in Tokyo and Osaka, in cooperation with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
Since the enactment of the competition law in 2000, the KPPU has worked on reinforcing its implementation of the competition law as an independent governmental agency. Under the circumstances, the JFTC has held the training course since 2003 in order to provide officials of the KPPU with an opportunity to obtain the knowledge on the Antimonopoly Act and competition policy, with the purpose of contributing to the enhancement of proper enforcement and implementation of the competition law in Indonesia.
The JFTC has dispatched its staff as a long term resident expert to the KPPU since October 2009. The expert has provided technical assistance to the KPPU since then.
1. Period: March 5 to 23, 2012
2. Venue: JFTC (Tokyo and Osaka) and JICA Osaka International Center
3. Participants: 11 officials of KPPU
4. Organizers: JFTC and JICA
5. Content: Lecture by academians on the Antimonopoly Act and competition policy, introduction by the JFTC staff on investigation procedures and techniques, discussion with legal staff of a private company about its Antimonopoly Act compliance program and others
*Every announcement is tentative translation. Please refer to the original text written in Japanese.