August 13, 2014
Japan Fair Trade Commission
The Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) will hold the 20th training course for developing countries on competition law and policy from August 14th to September 12th in Tokyo and Kobe, in cooperation with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
In recent years, many developing countries have introduced competition legislations or enhanced their law enforcements. Under such circumstances, this training course provides officials in competition and competition-related agencies with the opportunity to obtain the knowledge and expertise on Japanese competition law and policy, so as to help their efforts for achieving effective law enforcement; reviewing the existing competition laws and policies; and introducing/amending competition legislations, and thereby to promote competitive environments in the developing countries.
The JFTC, in cooperation with JICA, has implemented the training course since 1994 in response to the request from the governments of the developing countries.
1. Period: August 14 to September 12, 2014
2. Venue: JFTC headquarters (Tokyo) and JICA Kansai International Center (Kobe)
3. Organizers: JFTC and JICA
4. Participants: 6 officials from competition authorities and competition related authorities in 4 countries
5. Contents: Lectures by academians and lawyers on the Antimonopoly Act and competition policies; lectures by JFTC officials on investigation procedures and merger reviews, etc.
|Country||Number of Participants|
*Every announcement is tentative translation. Please refer to the original text written in Japanese.