November 25, 2022
Japan Fair Trade Commission
The Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) will hold the Group Training Course for Developing Countries on the Antimonopoly Act and Competition Policy in Tokyo and Kinki area, in cooperation with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
In recent years, there has been a growing trend in developing countries to introduce competition laws or enhance the enforcement of competition laws. Under such circumstances, this training course takes place to provide officials in developing countries’ competition authorities with the opportunity to obtain the knowledge and expertise on the Japanese Antimonopoly Act and its enforcement, so as to support their efforts for introducing competition laws and achieving effective law enforcement in their countries.
The JFTC has implemented the group training course since 1994 in response to requests from developing countries, and this year’s course will be the 28th group training course in this area.
1. Period: November 28 to December 9, 2022
2. Venue: JICA Tokyo Center, JICA Kansai Center, etc.
3. Lecturers: Academics and officials of the JFTC
4. Participants: 8 officials of competition authorities in 7 countries (See Appendix)
5. Contents: Lectures, etc. mainly on
- Investigation procedure regarding suspected cases of the Antimonopoly Act
and merger review
- The JFTC’s activities for competition advocacy and public relations
- Role of regional-office
- Group discussion on hypothetical case
List of participants (Alphabetical order)
|Country||Number of Participants|
*It should be noted that this announcement is a tentative translation. Please refer to the original text written in Japanese.